GUNNER WORDS

 
“They (the press) are loving it because not much comes out of Highbury. But keep your self respect and remember who you play for and what that represents.”-George Graham

In these stressful times when all around us are rubbing their hands gleefully and internal turmoil rocks the ship with squall let us remember that players and managers come and go but, many that have served us and competed against us hold true to one immutable truth, and that truth is that The Arsenal prevails. Never, ever forget what a truly great club we all support and love.

“They were at their most dangerous when they didn't have the ball!”-Kenny Dalglish 1998

“We were blessed with a backbone of men with character who demanded excellence from others”-Don Howe

“Sometimes there is nothing better in life than being a Gooner” -Kevin Campbell
 
“I like to let my football do the talking, I'm respectful of other good teams such as Arsenal.”-Ryan Giggs

 
“The greatest one player over the years has to be Liam Brady. He is simply the best player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt” -Tom Watt

“I think without doubt that Dennis Bergkamp is the greatest player to have played for Arsenal in the last thirty years, for as long as I can remember” -Liam Brady

“Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Spurs as I have of being given the crown jewels”-Alan Mullery 1971
 
 
“I would not normally say this as a family man, but I am going to ask you for the sake of this football club to put your family second for the next month. You have the chance to put your names in the record books for all time”-Bertie Mee 1971

"What’s it like being in Bethlehem, the place where Christmas began? I suppose it’s like seeing Ian Wright at Arsenal” -Bruce Rioch

“I have not a single bad word to say for The Arsenal – it is a great club to play for”-Charlie Nicholas
 
 


“Arsenal have won that advantage, nobody gave it to them. By playing fantastic football and by winning matches and by winning trophies, they won that respect that the opponent has for them”-Jose Mourinho
 
“I told my son John that Howard Wilkinson wanted Daddy to play for England. He told my daughter Olivia and they had tears in their eyes as they asked me, ‘does that mean you’re not going to play for Arsenal anymore?” –Lee Dixon


 
“They talk about Bobby Moore and Dave Mackay as great captains, but for my money McLintock is more inspiring than either of them”-Don Howe
"I happen to agree with the bookmakers that Liverpool's progression to their tenth league title in 13 years is as sure as the sunrise."-James Lawton 1989
 
"Thomas, charging through the midfield, Thomas, it's up for grabs now..." -Brian Moore 1989
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts